Jenny Brown Redo
Director of Marketing and Product Management for Aveo
Santa Clara, 1998 - 2001
Product Marketing Manager for Inverse Network Technology, now part of Visual Networks
- Managed and led the following groups: product management, marketing research, documentation, Web services, customer support and marketing communications.
- Created Aveo's marketing function to include: marketing requirement documents, product descriptions, product launch plans, sales and communication collateral, training, product roadmaps and plans, pricing documents, competitive analysis, customer satisfaction reports, positioning documents, product line strategy statements, and customer status reports.
- Also responsible for Internet, Intranet, end-user customer support, partner call center training, pricing, contracts, demos, sales presentations, trademarks, and trade shows.
- Provided and led marketing strategy for executive staff meetings.
Sunnyvale, 1997 - 1998
Assistant Product Marketing Manager for Pacific Bell Internet Services (PBI)
- Product Line Manager for Inverse's flagship product line: Internet Measurement Services. Full responsibility for five products, driving each of them to profitability and market leadership in less than 12 months.
- Defined product requirements; drove product strategy; created marketing, press and sales support materials; and launched two products in the IMS product line, including international markets (UK and Canada).
- Created the innovative Inverse Ratings system that tripled press coverage and doubled the customer base.
- Led financial assessment of product line, including development of costing and pricing models for current and future products.
San Francisco, CA Summer 1996
Marketing Research Analyst for The Benham Group, now part of American Century
- Designed and implemented PBI's first small business direct mail campaign, achieving a high degree of success; introduced a customized direct mail approach to increase conversion rates.
Mountain View, CA 1993 - 1995
- Introduced statistical modeling to the company, substantially improving the marketing department's capabilities and effectiveness (e.g., lowering attrition by 40%). Reconfigured the company's surveys, making them statistically sound and predictive for the company's entire 1.2 million customer and prospect base.
Market Analyst for ComUnity Lending
San Jose, CA 1991 - 1993
- Managed a $1 billion mortgage portfolio via trading with nine large investors including FNMA and FHLMC.
Account Executive for The Daily Nexus
Santa Barbara, CA 1989 - 1991
- Consistently the top sales person, selling ad space for the daily newspaper.
University of California at Berkeley
Walter A. Haas School of Business
Masters in Business Administration, 1997
Graduate Student Instructor, MBA Information Technology course
University of California at Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Arts, 1991
Honors in Communications and Psychology and Distinction in Communications
The President's Undergraduate Fellowship
- Founder and Executive Director, iTank; Internet industry association and social club
- Board Member and Marketing Committee Member for Montalvo
- Member of Ponte Communications' Advisory Board
- Angel Investor to several startups