Where to go West Coast Swing Dancing in the San Francisco Bay Area
- The Flamingo, 4th Street/Hiway 12 and Farmer's Lane, 707/545-8530. Lesson 7-9pm, Dancing 9pm+. Santa Rosa
Michelle's ongoing WCS lessons (LESSONS ONLY) at Monte Cristo Club, 136 Missouri St. (betwn Mariposa & 17th Street), 7:30pm
Pre-intermediate, 8:30pm Int/Adv firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Kear gives beginning lessons at the GRANGE HALL on 4th
street in MORGAN HILL on Tuesday's at 7 PM ($3). 408 782-6669
- Rhythm St. Dance Studio6635D Dublin Blvd., Dublin, 925/833-2559. Classes then open dancing till 10:30pm
- Chuck Dicks and Pat Evans host a West Coast Swing lesson and party. 7PM-8PM Advanced Beginner lesson, 8PM-9PM Intermediate lesson, 9PM-11PM party. The place is the Mid County Senior Center, same
as the Santa Cruz West Coast Swing Club meeting, only in the back room.
The prices are: $10 for 2 lessons plus party, $5 for 1 lesson plus party, $2 for just party.
- Dance Central, 3535 Industrial Drive, Santa Rosa, 707/545-6150. Near Kmart.
- Top of Beardsley's at the Peninsula Social Club 100 North B Street, San Mateo
West Coast Beginners at 7; West Coast Intermediates at 8; West Coast Swing Dancing 9-11:30, EXCEPT the two Wednesdays following Labor Day!
- Ashkenaz, 1317 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, 510/524-5372. West Coast Swing Dancing twice a month call for dates
1317 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley (13.1 miles), One hour lesson at 8; West Coast Swing Dance 9-11. Not every Wednesday so check the website.
Look for these performers: The Gene Gilbeaux Swing Orchestra; NiteCry; West Coast Swing All Stars; Johnny Nocturne; Billy Dunn and His Blues Way
- Broadway Studios, 435 Broadway, San Francisco, 415/291-0333. Dancing starts at 9pm.
(510) 417-0881 They have beginner class at 7 to 8:30 and Intermediate at 8:30 to 10.
- The Ballroom
6009 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, 916/737-7929.
- The Icon Nightclub 260 California Ave, Palo Alto. Intermed class (not beginne!) by Robert Campos 7:15 - 8. Open dancing till 8:45. $10. Dance floor is behind the bar through glass doors.
- Lessons at the Metronome, 300 DeHaro, San Francisco, 415/252-9000 #109. Call as they run in 4-week blocks. Beginner 7:00-8:30 pm
Pre-intermediate 8:30pm-10:00 pm. $84 for 4 weeks/$72 for students (With Alvin and Brandee)
Michelle's ongoing WCS lessons (LESSONS ONLY) at FLEX-IT studio's in Mountain View at 425 W. Evelyn Ave right next to, or
in the same parking lot as Minton lumber and across from the light rail
station, (415/585-6282) email@example.com at 7:45 and 8:45
- Redwood Empire SDC at Los Robles Lodge's 707 Club
1975 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa. Dancing at 9pm.
- Starlite Ballroom
1160 N. Fair Oaks, Sunnyvale 408/745-STAR. Go to the BACK room
Lesson 7:45 - 8:45; Dancing 9:15 - Midnight
- Rhythm Street Dance Studio, 6635 Dublin Blvd, Dublin 925/833-2559. The second Friday only.
- Roadhouse Dance, 1556 Bell Avenue, Sacramento 916/929-3957. The second Friday only.
- Two Left Feet, 462 Hartz Avenue, Danville 925/831-8111
9-12, West Coast Swing Beginners at 8; West Coast Swing Intermediates at 8:45 (510/686-1708)
- The Floor, 1824 Hillsdale Ave, San Jose, 408/264-9393, dancind 9:15 - Midnight, firstname.lastname@example.org. Not every Friday please call first.
- 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays: Block Party (Metronome area), 300 DeHaro, San Francisco, 415/252-9000 #109. Lesson at 7:30 ($14). Dancing 9-Midnight ($8).
- Second and fourth Saturdays The Danceasy Bi-costal Boogie. On the 2nd Saturday, beg and int swing/lindy lessons and 4h Saturday we begin with WCS lessons; both 8 to 9pm. Open dancing 9pm - 12am
Classes are held from 8 to 9 pm, and are followed by dancing until
midnight. $8 for class/dance, $6 dance only. 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Third Saturday: Gold Coin at the Chinatown Holiday Inn 9-1
- 4th Saturday: Santa Cruz West Coast Swing Dance Club 931/425-4443
6-10, Mid-County Center, 829 Bay Ave in Capitola
- First Sunday, Next Generation West Coast Swing Dance Club Dance 6-10pm (HotLine: 979-4456) at Metronome Ballroom, 1830 17th St (at DeHaro), Except Jul & Oct! $7 for members and $10 for non-members.
- Second Sunday:
- Michelle's Swing Dance at the Imperial Dance Club (415/585-6282) (35 miles)
6-10, Carpenters Hall, 822 Cassia Street, Redwood City; corner of Broadway
- Third Sunday: 6-10: Top of Beardsley's (see Wednesdays)
- Fourth Sunday:
- Fifth Sunday: Varies
SPECIAL WEST COAST SWING EVENTS:
- July 4th Convention by Greater Phoenix S.D.C., 800-598-2538
My Salsa page
If you would like to contact me, send email to: email@example.com
Back to Jenny's Home Page